Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Too Much of a Good Thing?

It's Autumn. Winter is approaching. With that comes shorter days and less daylight - not a good thing for someone like myself that lives with a mood disorder. On top of that it seems like the weather has been wet, dark and dreary for too many days to suit me. Sunshine helps the mood. Gloomy dark cloudy days do not!

We own a lamp to address that  issue. I can give myself my own light therapy treatment. Yesterday I had the lamp sitting on a table beside my desk and I had it on while I worked at the computer. Four hours of full spectrum light!

Did I ever get energized.

When Heidi got home she commented on my exuberant mood, speeding thoughts, and rapid speech. Apparently I overdosed on light. Seems I should only use it for 20 to 30 minutes a day.

That is unfortunate. The extra light gave me energy to offset the exhaustion I'm experiencing due to the lack of sleep thanks to the bronchitis/asthma thing I have going on. I was more productive yesterday than I had been in a long time. I was able to stay focussed as I continued to work on the Ahnenpaβ.

I wonder if I can get away with a whole hour of light therapy. Maybe 2?

“Too much of a good thing can be wonderful.” 
~~~ Mae West

No comments:

Post a Comment