Monday, October 17, 2011

Blues?

I feel brain dead today.

I had set myself the goal of blogging at least 5 times a week but today is the fourth day since I last wrote, and I still have no inspiration for writing.

I've been feeling sluggish for at least a week now. Are the shorter days affecting me? Possibly. Is this a sign that depression is creeping up on me again? Could be.

Part of this dragged out feeling could be my allergies. I had a severe asthma attack this past Saturday. The attacks are usually triggered by an allergic reaction to something. I made things worse by doing some heavy lifting while unable to breathe properly. Probably not a good idea, but I did accomplish what I set out to do.

I've continued to make an effort to get some exercise everyday. In fact, this past Saturday Heidi and I went out and bought ourselves a recumbent stationary bike so that we can continue biking throughout the winter. I got it all set up, and went for a test ride yesterday. Now we have no excuse for not exercising. We can even ride while watching TV or reading a book. The machine even has a dock for an ipod and a jack for an mp3 player, so listening to music is also an option.

I'm going to ride the bike this morning, and read. Maybe that will help me get some ideas and energy for writing again.

I don't like feeling listless, uninspired, tired, unfocused. Maybe I am sliding into a bit of a depression again. I have to go do something about this. Starting now. I'll try to write again tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment