Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What Would Stalin Say?

How's my mental health today?

I heard about some stuff on Youtube and looked it up yesterday. I howled with laughter.  I've been chuckling ever since.

I just have to share it.

It's a rather lengthy (almost 2 hours) concert but if you have the time, it's worth a look. Unless you're a music purist, you'll soon be tapping your foot and smiling (if not laughing).

Leningrad Cowboys and the Red Army Chorus. (Check out the hair and the shoes).



Red Army Chorus singing Sweet Home Alabama with a faint hint of Volga Boatmen - too funny! Jagger/Richards, Lennon/McCartney, Dylan, Led Zeppelin, and many more. In between a variety of Russian Folk Music and dance. It's all quite entertaining.

I laughed at first, but after watching it a couple of times I found myself fascinated by the musicianship and the unique mix of Western and Russian cultures. the more I watched, the more impressed and entertained I was.

If nothing else - it's good for my mental health.






No comments:

Post a Comment