Thursday, June 7, 2012

Startting Well

I can't remember the last time I left home at 5 a.m. to go for a ride on my bicycle but that's how my day started yesterday.

I was off to my usual Wednesday 6 a.m. get-together with friends from church for our Bible study over coffee and carbs at Tim Hortons. I haven't cycled much so far this spring for a number of reasons including laziness.

What a wonderful way to begin the day. The cool morning air was refreshing, there were more cyclists on the road than cars, and I could hear all sorts of birds singing and chirping.

I rode along at what I thought was a pretty good pace when a young fellow pedaled past me like I was standing still. I guess that's what happens when you're aging rapidly and out of shape.

After the 'Band of Brothers' meeting  I took the long way home, enjoying the quiet neighbourhoods resplendent with lush green foliage and bright, colourful flowers. The bonus for me was that I got my exercise in before the sun got too hot. 

I just might do this more often.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds idyllic - early morning has so many different sounds that are not heard as the day progresses. Oh for a hot day here in the UK - it would make a change from rain!

    ReplyDelete