Friday, November 25, 2011

Overdose!

How's my mental health today?

I'm not sure. I think I just overdosed on football.




It's not even the weekend and I've watched 3 football games today. I don't usually watch the American Thanksgiving NFL games, but I got a call from my stepson asking if he could come over to watch the games. He's off work these days as a result of a hand injury.


So we watched football.

Menu for the day: beer, wings, chips, pizza, roasted potatoes, sauerkraut and farmer sausage - all in all, pretty much a cliche day. We didn't even get to everything on the menu! (That's probably a good thing).

 And there's more football coming on Sunday, highlighted by the CFL Grey Cup game!

Having a day like this is actually pretty good for my mental health. Just relaxing, letting the brain idle in neutral is beneficial as long as I don't make a habit of this. There's not much of a risk of that happening - I've got other stuff I like to do.

I'll head back to my 'office' in the morning.

You can observe a lot just by watching.
-- Yogi Berra



No comments:

Post a Comment