Friday, March 23, 2012

It's Friday & Spring is Here!

How's my mental health today?

With beautiful spring weather like we are getting my mental health is getting a huge boost. The sunshine, the unseasonably warm temperatures, and the many sounds of spring are always welcome. Birds chirping, people raking their lawns, the occasional motorcycle; all sounds we don't usually hear in March. Looking out our balcony doors at the trees, I noticed the leaves look like they are starting to bud. Heidi planted some herbs a few weeks ago and seems to be itching to get the balcony prepared for her container garden.

The dreaded spring cleaning can't be far behind.

I would have liked to spend more time outside yesterday, but I needed to get some things done around the apartment. The most important job was to put all my computer peripherals, as well as my laptop computer back into the office. There were also many piles of paper on the dining room table.

How does that always happen?

I organize my office; making sure that all the equipment is in its proper space, and the papers are stacked where I can easily find them; and next thing I know, my stuff is all over the living room and dining room again.

Good thing we have people over occasionally or the mess would grow unabated. That's actually not true. Heidi intervenes fairly regularly and points out that my stuff is spreading out too far again. So it was Wednesday evening; Heidi reminded me that I had guests coming for lunch on Friday and the place needed cleaning up.

That took care of a good part of my day yesterday. Now everything is ready for the weekly meeting of the unemployed and under employed Peters siblings. This time we're having a lunch meeting. I prepared the Reuben Casserole (lots of Sauerkraut, Corned beef, and onions - I'm glad my siblings won't be hanging around too long; it could get nasty) last night so all I have to do this morning is shove it in the oven and put the coffee on.

Afterwards, I'm going to go for a bike ride; I want to go enjoy the spring air as much as I can, just in case winter decides it is not finished with us yet.

I think it's a great way to finish off the week!


Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance 
but disappear when you get up close to them.
~ John Shirley


No comments:

Post a Comment