Monday, March 26, 2012

It's Not That Complicated!

How's my mental health today?

I don't know. Once again I'm trying to overcome my sleep challenges. Even when I'm exhausted sleep eludes me. I've got to find a way of getting more rest.

It's the start of a new week and since I finished one project this past weekend I can begin to focus on the next one. The important thing for me to keep in mind is to keep it simple.

Last week I got all caught up in the who, what, why, and how behind the Rosary I received - so much so that I blogged about it and spent a fair bit of time surfing the Web trying to find answers. Yesterday a friend at church startled me with the simplicity of his statement to me. When I told him my question, "why would a Carmelite monastery send this Mennonite boy a Rosary", he replied, "You're supposed to pray."

Now why didn't I think of that!

I was so busy asking questions and researching that I missed the obvious. Pray!

I do that so often - I get caught up in questions or ideas and lose sight of simplicity as my creative mind takes me on a wonderfully spinning ride. The problem with that is that everything, especially projects I'm working on, becomes larger and more elaborate and progress grinds to a halt.

So my goal for this week: simplify, simplify, simplify.

Now that I have established my goal, it's time for a nap - can't get simpler than that.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.  
~Leonardo DaVinci








No comments:

Post a Comment