Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Music Therapy

How's my mental health today?

Almost three weeks of very little sleep have caught up to me. My mind has slowed down, I'm physically tired and my energy level is very low. My mood though, seems to be OK.

I haven't done much today other than a little bit of reading, resting, meditating and listening to music.

Once again, I searched for musicians that did very creative things with traditional, well known music. I found a string quartet who call themselves String Fever. I like their "History of Music in Five Minutes"



Then I found a quartet of heavy metal cellists calling themselves Apocalyptica.



And Andre Rieu with something new and different:



Not sure Vivaldi counted on this:



I could go on and on, but if I do my mind will start racing again with nonstop music getting out of control. I know right now I have more energy than when I started an hour ago - music does that to me. Sometimes it can push me a little too high but when the music is good, I don't mind too much.

Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons.  
You will find it is to the soul what a water bath is to the body. 
– Oliver Wendell Holmes



No comments:

Post a Comment