Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Busyness and Rest - Where's the Balance?

How's my mental health today?

We'll see what the day brings.

Yesterday was a very low energy day - they're part of my depression experience. So is the lack of a good night's sleep, which I haven't been getting lately.

Everything becomes a major chore - getting out of bed; showering; getting dressed; cleaning up the kitchen; making something to eat, pretty much everything on my to-do list.

A walk outside in the sunshine and crisp air helped a little but not much.

I have two options: I can give in to the symptoms of the depression, or I can push myself to
work my way through it. An important aspect of working through the depression includes keeping a balance between activity and rest.

Balance has always been a challenge for me. The key for me is to keep trying.

So I got things done that needed to be addressed, and then I took time to rest.

I'll see how today unfurls.

Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop.  
~Ovid

No comments:

Post a Comment