Friday, January 27, 2012

On The Upswing?

How's my mental health today?

I feel pretty good this morning.

That might be because 2 of my brothers are coming over for coffee this morning and I need to get a few things done before they get here. Or it might be because I also had to do some problem solving (scheming). Or it may be that I'm slowly rising out of the depression. Or a combination of the above.

My biggest challenge is finding the balance between doing too much and not doing enough. If I do to much too soon, I risk exhausting myself and setting back my recovery. If I don't do enough I risk sliding into lethargy which doesn't help my recovery.

You'd think after 22+ years of dealing with this stuff I would have the balance thing figured out, but the balance point shifts from day to day. Self awareness is critical. Determination plays a large role. Hope for a better future is an absolute necessity. My faith that God has a purpose for me is a life saver.

And so I keep searching for balance and recovery - one day at a time.

__________________________________________


Christ has given me my entry fee.





Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. 
No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:6


No comments:

Post a Comment