Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Responsibility

How's my mental health today?

Exhaustion continues to be a problem.

Wednesday mornings are usually one of the highlights of my week. I meet with other guys for a Bible study at a Tim Horton's coffee shop at 6 a.m.

With my energy and mood as low as they are right now, even a highlight is a challenge to pursue. I continue to push myself through rather than give in completely. This too takes energy.

Heidi reminded me that the process of cleaning up the clutter (resulting in a large part from the anxiety) which I've been working on is also exhausting. Awareness of why things are the way they are, makes it easier to accept the reality and deal with it.

The old cliche of one day at a time holds true at this time. Looking beyond today is too overwhelming and a waste of time and limited energy.

If I follow through in taking care of my responsibilities, I know I've done everything I can do. The rest is in God's hands.

Action springs not from thought, 
but from a readiness for responsibility. 
Dietrich Bonhoeffer 

No comments:

Post a Comment