Monday, January 30, 2012

Evaluation

How's my mental health today?

Better than last week! My mood is better, I have more energy, and life feels lighter. Things aren't 100% yet - that will take some time. The most important thing is that I pace myself. I have a couple of options. I can get really busy one day and have to rest the next, or I can work on having more balance in my day to day, everyday levels of activity.

I'll start by looking at the goals I had set myself for this year. I didn't make anywhere near the progress I had hoped, largely due to my depression, but I did reach 3 of my goals:
  1. I lost a little more weight than I had set as my goal (8 lbs/month for the year 2012) - I was down 10.2 lbs this morning.
  2. I surpassed my goal of taking Heidi on a date (I always teased Heidi that we don't date - we go out and do different stuff) at least once every 2 weeks. 
  3. I've managed to write my blog 5 days /week despite my difficulty with focus and concentration.
I Have made a good start on some of my other goals, and gotten nowhere on others. I'm going to revisit the goals to evaluate whether or not they're realistic, achievable and measurable. There's no room for fantasy and unrealistic goals & expectations.

All in all, January has been a pretty good month, even with my journey through Seasonal Affective Disorder.

February might be a problem - there's an extra day to deal with this year (That's a joke in case you're not sure).

In absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal 
to performing daily acts of trivia.
Author Unknown 


1 comment: